You were left mixless last week so here’s a new one, I think it might just be the best one yet. Let me take you through the tracks.
- Colin Stetson-All The Days I’ve Missed You. This track captures that slightly somber but equally momentous journey out of bed..you’ll feel like you’re in an Attenborough documentary.
- Beck-Lost Cause. Sea Change is quite simply one of the best breakup albums. The sentiment of this track suits Beck’s laissez-faire delivery. It is weary, sad but still quite upbeat and hopeful.
- Blind Willie McTell-Broke Down Engine Blues. Pour yourself a cup of coffee, sometimes you’ll be able to relate to the protagonist in this song…the week really can throw you on your back. Still its reassuring to know you’re not the only one.
- When it Rains-DAG SAVAGE ft. Aloe Blacc. Soulful, socially aware hiphop….fantastic Sunday listening you’ll be bobbing your head without knowing.
- Akron/Family-River. My favorite track by this band, this will excite the adventurer in you. It stirs and swells into a momentous epic replete with horns and thumping drums…the first half of the song is so playful, it sounds like the band were making a conscious effort to emulate the forest. Go out for a drive!
- The Flaming Lips- A Spoonful Weighs A Ton. This right here is a sunday afternoon film in a song, Wayne Coyne at his eccentric lyrical best…The Lips could definitely do Disney tracks.
- Pavement-Range Life. A bit of indie slacker rock, perfect for lazing in the garden in the early evening.
- Niia-BTSTU (Jai Paul Cover). Minimal dream pop take on Jai Paul’s fantastic original. Lay you head down and be at ease.